This creamy guacamole dip is distinctive since it is produced not merely with traditional guacamole ingredients, but also with sour cream, which gives it additional smoothness and an irresistible tang. It is so great that folks will be requesting the secret ingredient! But it is no secret that homemade guacamole is quite easy to make. It demands no cooking, only very simple chopping and mixing. It’s typically made in the summer in hot areas, like the Southwest, as it is a fresh, cool appetizer to serve just before a big meal of spicy food, as well as a terrific addition to any barbecue. However, this guacamole could be enjoyed anyplace that the ingredients are available. Along with the ingredients, you’ll need a cutting board, a sharp knife, a big mixing bowl, and also a wooden spoon. A huge fork is also helpful to have for mashing the avocado.
Guacamole With Sour Cream Ingredients
2 big ripe avocados, 1 garlic clove, 1 tomato, 1 lime, 2 tablespoons sour cream, 1-2 teaspoons cayenne pepper, or to taste, 1-2 teaspoons salt, or to taste
1. Peel, slice, and mash the avocado in a large mixing bowl. It is ideal to initially cut the avocado into cubes on a cutting board, then mash the cubes in the bowl with the back of a large fork. Be sure to mash well so all the large chunks are broken up.
2. Dice the garlic clove finely and add it to the mashed avocado.
3. Dice the tomato, get rid of the seeds, and add it to the bowl.
4. Cut the lime into quarters and squeeze the juice into the guacamole.
5. Add the sour cream and stir thoroughly.
6. Season the guacamole with cayenne pepper and salt to taste, ensuring to stir them in completely as well.
7. Serve with tortilla chips and sliced veggies like carrots, celery, and cucumber.
Added Suggestions For This Guacamole Recipe With Sour Cream
- Should you choose spicier guacamole, double the cayenne pepper. – For an much more fiery flavor, add 1-3 teaspoons diced jalapeno pepper. – Fresh cilantro is a different excellent addition to guacamole. Stir in 2-3 teaspoons chopped cilantro, or more to taste. – To get a cooler flavor and thicker texture, chill the guacamole 2-3 hours prior to serving. – For extra crunch, add cup diced red onion. – Spread guacamole on tortillas just before adding beans and salsa to get a fresh take on a burrito. – To get a Southwest-inspired hamburger, use creamy guacamole as an alternative to ketchup and mustard.
The author loves guacamole and features a whole webpage about it. There you are able to read about facts and recipes like this recipe. Also check recipe for healthy guacamole for more of the guacamole.